Faculty are entertainment industry veterans who are passionate about mentoring students as they hone their craft. And with close proximity to Hollywood, students benefit from collaborative opportunities to learn from visiting professionals.
The M.A. in Screenwriting program, housed in Azusa Pacific University’s Department of Cinematic Arts, is offered in a low-residency program format that supports working professionals. The program is the only graduate screenwriting degree offered among Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) on the West Coast.
- Cinematic Arts and Culture
- Directing for Screenwriters
- Script Analysis for Screenplays and Teleplays
- Screenwriting: Story and Character
- Entertainment Production
- Web Series Development and Production
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 324 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts
- Current résumé of work experience
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement in essay or short story form about why you became a writer. Feel free to be creative. This statement should reflect your personality and individual perspective on life and the world. (Less than 500 words.)
- Writing samples:
International9810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 24 months.
National9810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Pacific
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.