Faculty are entertainment industry veterans who are passionate about mentoring students as they hone their craft. And with close proximity to Hollywood, students benefit from collaborative opportunities to learn from visiting professionals.
The M.A. in Screenwriting program, housed in Azusa Pacific University’s Department of Cinematic Arts, is offered in a low-residency program format that supports working professionals. The program is the only graduate screenwriting degree offered among Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) on the West Coast.
- Cinematic Arts and Culture
- Directing for Screenwriters
- Script Analysis for Screenplays and Teleplays
- Screenwriting: Story and Character
- Entertainment Production
- Web Series Development and Production
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Literature View 826 other Masters in Literature in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Azusa Pacific University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts
- Current résumé of work experience
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement in essay or short story form about why you became a writer. Feel free to be creative. This statement should reflect your personality and individual perspective on life and the world. (Less than 500 words.)
- Writing samples:
Creative challenge: Write a scene between two people using one of the following ideas. Make sure to use proper screenplay formatting (2-5 pages maximum).
- “A husband or wife finds a letter written by an old flame.”
- “Your best friend since grade school is a Russian spy.”
- “Flirting at the grocery store.”
Writing sample: A feature-length screenplay, a teleplay (half-hour or one-hour; spec or pilot), a short story, or a one-act play.
International10260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 684 USD per credit during 24 months.
National10260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 684 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Pacific
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.