Azusa Pacific University’s Master of Science in Research Psychology and Data Analysis program prepares you with the necessary experiences to be competitive for doctoral programs and pursue careers in psychological research. In this program, work one-on-one with faculty research advisors in a number of psychology-related areas, including substance abuse, social, clinical, cognitive, and more. Through faculty mentorship, relevant coursework, and the completion of a master’s thesis, you will acquire the research and statistical methods necessary to lead change in psychological research.
Choose to add an optional 9-unit concentration to further hone your expertise:
- Data Analytics ConcentrationFocus on statistical and data visualization techniques as you develop skills in statistical programming, including R and SAS, data visualization using Tableau, and data mining. This concentration helps prepare you for careers in business and data analytics.
- Industrial/Organizational PsychologyOrganizational psychology, often called industrial/organizational psychology, considers the attitudes, feelings, and behaviors of people in the workplace. At the intersection of business and psychology, courses in this concentration help you discover your ability to diagnose organizational health; develop and implement change initiatives; administer and create job satisfaction surveys; increase employee morale and expand retention strategies; advance performance management programs; hire, train, and develop talent; and advise, coach, and build successful teams.
- Marketing Research ConcentrationMarket research skills are in high demand. Prepare for applied psychology careers related to marketing as you learn conceptual and applied knowledge of marketing processes and the evaluation of products, services, and consumer behavior. Courses focus on marketing strategy and applying quantitative research methods and data analysis techniques within business and marketing contexts, using relevant marketing terminology and statistical software.
- Theory, Research and Practice in Psychology
- Experimental Research Methods
- Non-Experimental Research Methods
- Analysis of Variance
- Psychometrics: Assessment and Measurement
- Program Evaluation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Priority Deadline: April 1
Extended Deadline: May 31
DisciplinesPsychology View 1226 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current résumé showing professional, academic, and volunteer experiences
- 2- to 3-page double-spaced application essay
- Demonstrate proficiency in English
- Provide an affidavit of financial support (PDF) and a bank statement
- Submit a copy of a valid passport
International27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 772 USD per credit during 12 months.
National27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 772 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Pacific
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.