Through a combination of classroom instruction—48 units in biblical, theological, and ministerial studies—and supervised ministry experience, students of Pastoral Studies programme of Azusa Pacific University develop a practical theology of church leadership and concentrate on one area of ministry: church leadership and development, urban studies, youth ministry, or general electives. Whichever area you choose, Azusa Pacific will help you transform the world with Christ.
- Ideal for pastors or lay pastors looking to further their ministry skills.
- 48-unit total course load allows students to maintain upper-division ministry commitments.
- 1:20 professor-student ratio optimizes learning.
- Students may study in Spanish and Korean as well as in English.
- Uses a student’s ministry commitment as a learning venue.
- Biblical Interpretation: Exploring Genesis
- Paul the Pastor and Theologian
- Christian Theology
- Church History
- Christian Formation and Discipleship
- Ministry Life and Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 602 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation: one pastoral or ministry reference, and one academic or professional reference
- Calling statement: In an essay of 500 words or less, address the following: your commitment to Christ; your sense of call; and how a seminary education will help you take the next step in response to the call.
- Demonstrate proficiency in English
- Provide an affidavit of financial support (PDF) and a bank statement
- Submit a copy of a valid passport
International13656 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 569 USD per credit during 24 months.
National13656 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 569 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Pacific
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.