The student seeking a degree must observe the general university requirements stated elsewhere in this catalog as well as the specific departmental requirements stated here.
Students graduating with an M.A. in English from Cal State East Bay will be able to:
- analyze and interpret various kinds of diverse texts in clear and cogent prose;
- discuss diverse theoretical perspectives about literature, pedagogy, or linguistics;
- demonstrate facility with conducting research in traditional/nontraditional ways, including print and electronic library research and data analysis;
- demonstrate the ability to learn collaboratively and independently.
- Medieval Literature
- Renaissance Literature
- Restoration and 18th-Century British Literature
- 19th-Century British Literature
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiterature View 362 other Masters in Literature in United States
To apply for admission to the Master of Arts program in English, the student must fill out the proper forms obtained from and returned to the Admissions Office. (Contact the Graduate Coordinator for details on additional materials to be sent directly to the English Department.) The Admissions Office will then send the application to the English Department where it will be accepted or rejected.
International8274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8274 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National8274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8274 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.