The Economics program at California State University East Bay enables students to identify optimal actions in a variety of contexts, anticipate economic consequences, evaluate the effects of policy changes, understand strategic behavior, and explain and predict market outcomes.
Students are prepared for a range of analytical careers through their quantitative skills: an ability to mathematically model and solve complex business and policy problems, as well as an advanced command of statistical tools.
They may go on to work in corporate finance and banking, marketing research, consulting, public and non-governmental organization (NGO) administration, research, or teaching. Students declare one (and only one) concentration.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with a Master in Science in Economics will be able to:
- Generate solutions to economic optimization problems under constraints.
- Construct equilibria in models of strategic behavior.
- Identify and apply appropriate empirical techniques for estimation problems.
- Estimate models informed by economic theory using specialized software for data analysis.
- Foundations of Economic Theory
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Advanced Econometrics
- Applied Data Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Area & Cultural Studies Finance View 694 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- English language proficiency
- Statement of Purpose
- CV / Resume
- Letters of Recommendation
International15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
National15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8429 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8429 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.