Excel in Data Science, one of the hottest fields in tech today. Learn how to gain new insights from big data by asking the right questions, manipulating data sets and visualizing your findings in compelling ways.
In this MicroMasters program, you will develop a well-rounded understanding of the mathematical and computational tools that form the basis of data science and how to use those tools to make data-driven business recommendations.
The Data Science MicroMasters Program from EdX in partnership with University of California, San Diego - UC San DiegoX encompasses two sides of data science learning: the mathematical and the applied.
Mathematical courses cover probability, statistics, and machine learning. The applied courses cover the use of specific toolkit and languages such as Python, Numpy, Matplotlib, pandas and Scipy, the Jupyter notebook environment and Apache Spark to delve into real world data.
You will learn how to collect, clean and analyse big data using popular open source software will allow you to perform large-scale data analysis and present your findings in a convincing, visual way. When combined with expertise in a particular type of business, it will make you a highly desirable employee.
- There are approximately 215,000 open job positions in Data Science (Source:Indeed.com)
- There are currently about 31,000 openings for Statistician positions in the US (LinkedIn), offering an average salary of $77,000 (Glassdoor)
- In the field of Business intelligence, there are around 14,000 openings in the US (LinkedIn) at a $88,000 base salary
- Careers include data scientist, data engineer, data analyst, statistician, data manager, data architect, business analyst
- Data Scientist is rated the best job in America, with a median base salary of $110,000. (Source: Glassdoor)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Python for Data Science
- Machine Learning Fundamentals
- Probability and Statistics in Data Science using Python
- Big Data Analytics Using Spark
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 10 months
- 9 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 388 other programmes in Machine Learning in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1260 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1260 USD for the full programme during 10 months.
National1260 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1260 USD for the full programme during 10 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.