The School of Engineering is offering a Master’s of Science degree in Construction Management at California State University East Bay. This degree is targeted for working professionals who are in leadership/management positions in the construction industry or planning to advance their careers to manage large construction projects.
The goals of the Masters of Science degree in Construction Management are to prepare effective managers for large public and private construction projects, to prepare the workforce required for the state’s transportation infrastructure improvements, and to enable current and future engineers and other professionals to assume leadership roles in the construction industry.
With the expected increase in large construction work, in part stemming from the increase in public spending on California’s transportation infrastructure improvement, there is considerable demand for individuals who can technically and scientifically manage large construction projects. Also, there are increasing opportunities from the local and regional high tech sector for expansion and new construction projects. The construction industry, as a whole, is one of the largest industries in the nation with a great need for skilled project managers. Sample jobs are construction manager, site manager and others.
- Legal Issues in Construction Management
- Environmental Issues and Green Building
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Construction Project Planning and Control, Computer Tools
- Financial Decision Making and Reporting in Construction
- Construction Risk Management and Commissioning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 405 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- Have the equivalent of a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Pay the 70.00 USD non-refundable application fee.
- Official academic records of all colleges or universities attended (High School Transcripts are not required)
- English language exam score (TOEFL or IELTS)
International15546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15546 USD per year during 12 months.
National15546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15546 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8274 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.