The International Economics and Public Policy programme offered by Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz aims to teach advanced academic knowledge, particularly in the areas of International Business Relations and Economic Policy - the traditional strengths of economic teaching at Mainz University. Students will therefore be prepared for managerial positions in business and management, especially with companies and organizations whose activities are strongly influenced by international economic and political conditions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The language of instruction of the Master's program International Economics and Public Policy is English; all courses are taught exclusively in English and the students are required to complete coursework and examinations in English.
- The students have the possibility to complete elective modules and/or elective courses in related subjects.
- In this case, the respective modules or course examinations have to be completed in the language of instruction of the respective module (not necessarily in English).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Public Policy View 108 other Masters in Economics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- First university degree: An officially notarized copy of a diploma certificate from the previous degree program (Bachelor in Economics with a minimum standard period of study of six semesters or an equivalent final degree in a related subject)
- Proof of relevant professional training completed or specialized internships that go beyond obligatory internships in relevant professional fields or proof of a minimum of two years of relevant work experience in a qualified position, if it has been gained or performed.
- Proof of excellent performance if available (special research sponsorships, distinctions and awards, publications and lectures).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Johannes-Gutenberg-University does not charge tuition fees. However, you will have to pay a social fee: € 270 per semester.
Living costs for Mainz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.