The Bard College MBA in Sustainability prepares students for leadership positions in a variety of business environments—from innovative start-ups to major corporations—with in-depth knowledge of core business skills through the lens of sustainability.
The curriculum provides a grounding in management essentials, with a continual focus on the integrated bottom line: economic success, environmental integrity, and social equity. Future-thinking students who earn an MBA in Sustainability early in the development of the industry will position themselves to be the forefront of a massive shift in how we do business.
Hybrid Program: In-Person and Online Learning
The Bard MBA’s low-residency, technology-enabled structure models the future of graduate business education. The program combines intensive face-to-face interaction, community building, and career networking through in-person weekend residencies with online evening classes.
We think of our MBA as series of 3-4 day retreats, spread out over two or three years, and tied together by weekly online, live courses. Bard MBA's hybrid structure:
- Accommodates working professionals
- Allows students to manage family commitments
- Enables students to attend the program from across the U.S.
- Supports a world-class faculty of active practitioner-teachers
Individualized Career Support
Students attend the Bard MBA to transition to meaningful work in sustainable business, helping lead the change towards social and environmental justice. Our program is uniquely focused on supporting graduates to build powerful careers in this new world of mission-driven companies. Bard's process is based in Individual Career Planning, in which every student meets every semester, one-on-one, with our career counselors to map out their transition strategy.
While in the program, students have the opportunity to build their professional network and resume through:
- The Impact Report Podcast where students interview global sustainability leaders
- Our Sustainable Business Series where students moderate a public sustainability careers panel
- Guest lecturers
- NYCLab consulting class,
- Internships and Consultancies
- Case Competitions.
Students are also assigned professional mentors each year they are in the program, and take advantage of monthly career-development workshops.
Bard College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The courses of study leading to the bachelor of arts, bachelor of music, and bachelor of science degrees at Bard are registered by the New York State Education Department.
- Principles of Sustainable Management (POSM)
- Economics for Sustainable Business
- Personal Leadership Development
- Accounting and the Integrated Bottom Line
- Operations and Supply Chains
- Finance for Sustainability
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Sustainable Development Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 1786 other Masters in Management Studies in United States
- Complete the Online Application
- Write a Personal Statement (Details on program's website)
- Two letters of recommendation are required for admission, preferably from both an academic and professional source.
- Transcripts for each institution of higher education that you have ever attended.
- Submit a Resume/CV
- Complete and Submit a Financial Aid Application
- Schedule an Admission Interview
International37240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37240 USD per year during 24 months.
National37240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37240 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.