The Master of Education in multicultural literature for children at Xavier University is a professional degree designed to meet the needs of certified teaching professionals desiring to enhance their knowledge of appropriate literature for children in the classroom.
The purpose of this degree is to provide information that will enable teachers to make careful, informed and sensitive choices from among the increasing number of books being published as multicultural literature and to prepare teachers to incorporate this knowledge into a holistic, global classroom. Multicultural literature is one of the most powerful components of a multicultural education curriculum, the underlying purpose of which is to help make our society a more equitable one.
Multicultural Literature program design
- Multicultural Literature for Children enables teachers to carefully choose and incorporate multicultural literature into a holistic, global classroom. It is one of the most powerful components of a multicultural education curriculum, which strives to make our society more equitable.
- The coursework focuses on the diversity of literature written for children.
- Courses include Advanced Children's Literature, Storytelling as a Cultural Craft, Writing & Publishing for Children, and Analysis of Children's Literature in a Global Society.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- History and Philosophy of American Education
- Organization of Education Systems in the United States
- Educational Research
- Educational Research Paper
- Advanced Children's Literature
- Storytelling as a Cultural Craft
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications for admission are considered on a rolling basis and decisions are typically shared with students within 2 weeks of completion of the application .
DisciplinesEducation Literature View 3090 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The online graduate application
- One official transcript sent directly from the college/university of all previous undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Electronic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official test scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) are required starting in Summer 2020. If you have previously taken the GRE and want to have your scores sent to Xavier, please contact GRE at 1-888-GRE-SCORE.
International17100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 570 USD per credit during 12 months.
National17100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 570 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cincinnati
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.