The Xavier University Montessori teacher education programs grant an American Montessori Credential and Ohio Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten to grade 3 licensure. The programs are affiliated with the American Montessori Society and accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education.
The graduate program in Montessori education is based on a strong foundation in child development. The program prepares the student with an understanding of Dr. Maria Montessori's philosophy in light of the education of the past and present. The Montessori curriculum courses prepare the student to teach practical life, art, music, movement, sensorial, math, language, geography, science and history.
Montessori Education program design
- Xavier established the first graduate Montessori teacher education program in the nation in 1965 and has been a leader ever since.
- Xavier now offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in Montessori, teacher licensing and credentialing programs, a Lab School serving preschool through age 12, and up-to-date faculty research on Montessori methods.
- Xavier's Montessori Institute is the go-to resource for best practices in Montessori education, materials and professional development support.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- History and Philosophy of American Education
- Foundations in E.C. Special Education
- Organization of Education Systems in the United States
- Educational Research
- Educational Research Paper
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 3093 other Masters in Education in United States
- the graduate application form
- one official transcript sent directly from the college/university to graduate services, of all previous undergraduate and graduate course work
- Official test scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) are required starting in Summer 2020. If you have previously taken the GRE and want to have your scores sent to Xavier, please contact GRE at 1-888-GRE-SCORE.
- three letters of recommendation
- a professional resume
- personal statement
International17100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 570 USD per credit during 12 months.
National17100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 570 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cincinnati
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.