This Music Education engaging degree at Murray State University is designed to help develop the candidate's qualities of professional leadership and explore diverse musical cultures.
- The curriculum emphasizes the investigation of important ideas and practices pertaining to music education, continues the development of musical skills and concepts and provides opportunities to acquire greater breadth of musicianship and leadership in music education.
- Graduates may be public school music teachers or teach at the college/university level.
- Historical and Philosophical Foundations of Music Education
- Psychological Foundations of Music Education
- Curriculum and Assessment in Music
- Methods of Research in Music Education
- Advanced Music Theory and Analysis
- Advanced Music History and Literature
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete the application online. An application requires a $40 non-refundable application fee.
- OFFICIAL transcripts must be sent from EACH previously attended institution. Transcripts must be mailed or electronically submitted directly from the sending institution to MSU to be considered OFFICIAL. Faxed transcripts are not considered official.
International12120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 808 USD per credit during 24 months.
National12120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 808 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State8235 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 549 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Murray
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.