The Biotechnology for Sustainability from Universidade Nova de Lisboa course is designed to provide a solid multidisciplinary academic training in fundamental and applied topics, giving access to areas of R & D in various sectors of industry and services related to plant and microbial biotechnology.
The acquired knowledge will be put into perspective either through training in the creation of biotechnology based companies or by analyzing the ethical implications of its use.
Graduates with Biotechnology for Sustainability from Universidade Nova de Lisboa will gain:
- critical and analytical skills in Molecular, Biochemical, Cell and Organismal themes aimed at developing more sustainable technologies in the field of green and white biotechnologies.
- transversal and interdisciplinary perspective of green and white biotechnologies, preparing them to deal with the new societal challenges with increased awareness of their responsibilities towards the planet and the future generations.
- fundamental knowledge, from both the theoretical and experimental point of view, required to maximize the revenue that can be obtained from plant and microbial resources, while preserving and improving these resources.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global changes and sustainability
- Plant nutrition and Symbiotic interactions
- Environmental and Industrial microbiology
- Plant Stress Biology
- Bioproducts, biomaterials and bioenergy
- Genome Scale Technologies Biostatistics and bioinformatics
- Plant Biotechnology for agriculture and forestry
- Biocatalysis for sustainability
- Clean bioproducts Separation
- Bio- and Chemical-remediation
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- National "Licenciado" degree or its legal equivalent in the areas of Biology (Biological sciences, Biological engineering), Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Agronomy (Agronomic sciences, Agronomic engineering) or others;
- Foreign University degree awarded (in one of the areas indicated in –a) after a first cycle of studies organized in observance of the principles of the Bologna Treaty by a member State that signed this Treaty;
- Foreign University degree that can be recognized as fulfilling the objectives of a "licenciado" degree by the Master's Scientific Council;
- Possession of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum recognized as sufficient to enroll in the study cycle by the Scientific Council of the Master course on "Biotechnology for sustainability"
- Grades of prior academic degree(s);
- Academic, scientific and professional curriculum;
- Interview (eventual);
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1063 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.