The program is designed to accommodate the schedules of working professionals; using a blended-learning model, students will be required to be on campus three weeks per semester (once in the beginning, once in the middle and once in the end), with the remaining work completed online, both synchronously and asynchronously. For the in-person weeks, classes will be held all day Sunday and also Monday through Thursday evenings. The final semester of the program is structured differently as students will be working on completing their capstone project.
Through the Education program of St. George's University, students will have opportunities to tailor their coursework and research to their context, whether in primary, secondary or tertiary schools, governmental or non-governmental agencies, or medical education. This full-time degree program is completed in two years (including fall and spring semesters). The cohort design is a key element of this program. Students will enter and complete the program together. In total, 31 of the 34 credits are structured to be taken together as a cohort, and three credits can be taken through electives or can be covered through transfer credit from SGU’s faculty development certificate program or other graduate-level coursework. Because of the cohort model, this program cannot be completed on a part-time basis.The program is guided by six ‘big ideas’ or transferable concepts/themes that students will continuously and recursively engage with throughout the program from different angles in different courses. These six big ideas are:
Program Learning Outcomes
This program aims to develop educational leaders who are able to integrate theory, research and practice in order to create change. By the end of the program, students will be able to:
- Develop, implement and assess educative experiences that are informed by current and foundational theories of learning, reflective of innovations in technology, and designed to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Recognize and apply leadership theories relevant to leading strategic decision making and leading educational reform in order to support collaborative and inclusive learning communities supportive of diverse identities, perspectives and approaches.
- Examine the social, historical, cultural, and psychological factors that shape the ways in which students learn, teachers teach, educational systems are designed and change occurs, and develop a philosophy of teaching and leadership that accounts for these various factors.
- Plan, conduct, and present an applied research project grounded in a socially-relevant educational research question.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theories of Learning
- Education in a Multicultural Society
- Curriculum & Pedagogy
- Educational Leadership
- Student Support Services in Higher Education
- Historical, Social & Cultural Foundations of Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3517 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee: $50
- Passport-sized photograph with your name printed on the back
- Financial information
- Academic transcripts: Official degree-bearing transcripts must be submitted by the undergraduate institution. (If you are applying before completion of your undergraduate program, please provide current transcript.)
- Other academic work: Submit official transcripts of graduate course work, other coursework, or academic certificates from all other institutions attended.
- Standardized examination scores: Official scores must be sent directly to SGU by the testing agency.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores must be submitted if English is not your principal language.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from professors.
- Essays: A personal statement with a maximum of 1,500 words.
International922 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 922 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National922 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 922 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.