At Xavier University, we offer small classes with a personalized experience to help teachers take the next step and provide the network to help you connect with the Cincinnati education community.
Choose elective courses from elementary, Montessori, multicultural children's literature, reading and English language learners.
Early Childhood or Middle Childhood Education Licensure involves additional coursework and can be pursued separately or at the same time as the MEd.
Elementary Education Program Design
The MEd in Elementary Education is appropriate for teachers of elementary and middle childhood classrooms from preschool through grade 9.
The developmental approach of the program is grounded in current and long-standing research findings.
Working relationships with professional practice schools provide continuing input from practicing elementary teachers and administrators.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Classroom Culture
- Early Childhood Care/Practices
- Play and Arts in Early Childhood
- History and Philosophy of American Education
- Organization of Educational Systems in the United States
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPrimary Education View 230 other Masters in Primary Education in United States
- The online graduate application
- One official transcript sent directly from the college/university of all previous undergraduate and graduate coursework to
- Xavier University
- Admission Processing Center
- 3800 Victory Parkway
- Cincinnati, Ohio 45207-5131
- Electronic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official test scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) are required starting in Summer 2020. If you have previously taken the GRE and want to have your scores sent to Xavier, please contact GRE at 1-888-GRE-SCORE.
International17100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 570 USD per credit during 12 months.
National17100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 570 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cincinnati
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.