Education in School Counselling at Murray State University offers mental health training specific to working with diverse clients as well as the collaboration and leadership skills necessary to work in the school system. The American School Counseling Association National Model is emphasized as the framework for school counseling programs.
Graduates with from Murray State University will be able to demonstrate:
- empathy and inclusiveness;
- responsible, professional, and ethical behavior;
- enthusiasm for the counseling profession; and
- professional counseling self-efficacy.
- Theories of Counseling
- Human Development
- Multicultural Counseling
- Clinical Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Tests and Measurements
- Career Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Methods of Research
- Elementary School Counseling
- Middle/Secondary School Counseling
- Crisis & Trauma Counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are accepted year-round.
DisciplinesEducation Counselling View 4052 other Masters in Education in United States
- Transcripts for all years of university (with university's grading scale)
- If transcripts are not written in English, you must also submit certified translations
- University Degree OR Graduation Certificate
- If the graduation certificate is not written in English, you must also submit a certified translation
- Proof of Financial Support
- English Language Proficiency
- Copy of Passport for applicant and all dependents
- Minimum GPA of 2.25 for possible conditional admission
- a written statement of intent reflecting graduate level writing ability;
- three letters of recommendation from people able to address the applicant’s potential as a counseling professional
- a current resume
- have an interview with the Counseling Program Admissions Committee.
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State15750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 375 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Murray
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.