Library Media Specialist at The City University of New York also emphasizes the development and skills needed to foster collaborative partnerships with the school’s faculty and administration, to motivate and guide students in these settings in the use of information and materials, and to evaluate and select materials that promote and support the information needs of this specialized clientele.
What you'll study
Library Media Specialists serve the needs of students and parents for informational, educational, and recreational materials as well as the needs of teachers, administrators and other personnel seeking information and materials related to their professional responsibilities.
- Artistic Expression
- Information Retrieval
- Language Other Than English
- Written Analysis and Expression
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science Languages View 757 other Masters in Languages in United States
- Applicants to this program will need to first be admitted to GSLIS via the standard application procedure.
- Applicants will be required to present a satisfactory onsite writing sample evaluated by the LMS Program Coordinator.
- Applicants whose undergraduate cumulative grade-point average is below 3.0, but who otherwise merit consideration for admission, may be required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- A meeting with the Director of the School, the Graduate Advisor, or a member of the School’s Admissions Committee will be required before a decision on admission is made.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.