A degree in Library Science from Queens College at The City University of New York is a gateway to many careers, both in and out of libraries. Our students intern at some of the most distinguished institutions in the region, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Brooklyn Academy of Music, Center for Jewish History, and CUNY library systems.
Why pursue an MLS degree at Queens College?
- Take advantage of a wide array of concentrations, including Archives and Preservation of Cultural Materials, Public Library Services for Children and Young Adults, Library Media Specialists for Public Schools, Academic Librarianship, Digital Resources Management, Organization of Information, Records and Information Management, and Special and Embedded Librarianship
- Our alumni go on to great careers—from librarian at NYU Shanghai to creator and director of the Queens Memory Project
- Many of our courses are also available in Manhattan, through our partnership with the Murphy Institute in Midtown
- Some students may register in the school as non-matriculates with permission of the Graduate School of Library and Information Studies. Students who are fully matriculated in another accredited library school may, with permission from their home institution and from the Director or Graduate Advisor of the GSLIS, register for individual graduate library science courses, when space is available.
- Applicants who do not qualify for matriculated status may be admitted as non-matriculates with the approval of the Graduate Advisor. Courses taken as a non-matriculated student may be credited toward the MLS degree if a grade of B (3.0) or better is attained. A non-matriculate wishing to matriculate may have a maximum of 12 credits accepted towards the degree by the School.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science View 86 other Masters in Library Science in United States
- Applicants whose undergraduate cumulative grade-point average is below 3.0, but who otherwise merit consideration for admission, may be required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Applicants with undergraduate GPAs below 3.0 who hold advanced degrees are not required to take the GRE. .
- A meeting with the Director of the School, the Graduate Advisor, or a member of the School’s Admissions Committee will be required before a decision on admission is made.
- Deadlines may be extended further if spaces remain in the program.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.