A valid teaching certificate is required for entrance. Your progress will be continuously assessed throughout the program using established program checkpoints and portfolio entries addressing Kentucky Teacher Standards.Individuals currently certified in LBD, IECE, and CDI with teaching experience who are participating in the Alternative Route to Moderate to Severe Disabilities Certification may apply for this program once they have their Provisional Certificate
- Personal and Professional Development Through Reflective Practice
- Learning, Teaching and Development in the Field of Special and Inclusive Education
- Inclusive Practice
- Child Protection and Ethical Practices of Working With Children
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 700 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum GPA of 2.25 for possible conditional admission
- Approval of academic department (Admissions submits documents to the department.)
- GMAT or GRE is required
International1489 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1489 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1489 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1489 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State528 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 528 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Scholarships:Academic achievement scholarships:
- 1. only for incoming freshmen
- 2. awarded at time of admission
- 3. awarded first-come, first-serve basis
- 1. requires students to complete the MSU Scholarship Application
- 2. awarded after January 15 application deadline
- 3. students must apply every year via my Gate, on the Financial Aid tab.
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
- Federal Teach Grant
- State Grant
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan for Graduate and Professional Students
- Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Nursing Loan
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.