The Math and Bilingual Education (7-12) program at The City University of New York provides coursework in education, mathematics education and bilingual education as well as guided field experiences to prepare these teachers for the special challenges of teaching mathematics to English language learners who are bilinguals in mainstream as well as bilingual classrooms.
The 30-credit course of study required leads to professional certification in mathematics (grades 7-12) as well as the New York State Bilingual Extension (7-12). A total of 50 hours of fieldwork experience is required.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Globalization and Bilingual Education
- Language Acquisition and Learning for Bilingual Students
- Reading and Writing for Diverse Students across Content Areas
- Education of Immigrant Students in the U.S.
- Methods and Materials in Teaching English in Content areas
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Teaching View 3766 other Masters in Education in United States
- The Master of Science in Education (MSED) Program is for students who already hold an initial certificate in a teaching discipline and who wish to pursue advanced studies in education. Graduates from this program gain an advanced certification and a MSED degree.
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics and mathematics education from an accredited college or university.
- At least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average in mathematics and secondary education courses.
- New York State Initial Certificate in mathematics at the secondary level (7-12) Bilingual proficiency: Applicants must demonstrate satisfactory proficiency in a language other than English (LOTE) that they are seeking the extension.
- Results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General Test are required.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.