Latin American Studies program of California State University Los Angeles allows students to tailor their studies to their interests and professional needs and provides training in research skills and opportunities to work with community organizations. The degree affords students a wide range of career opportunities in the U.S. and abroad, including in policy-making and advocacy, the nonprofit sector, research, teaching in community colleges, or pursuing Ph.D. study.
Students at Latin American Studies program of California State University Los Angeles will:
- integrate academic learning with life through project-based experiences.
- integrate their knowledge, skills and experience to address complex, enduring, and emerging issues.
- Seminar: Latin American Social Systems
- Interdisciplinary Seminar: Latin American Studies
- Chicana/o Studies and Contemporary Theory
- Seminar: Current Issues in Economic Development
- History of Modern Latin America
- Seminar: History of Mexico
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 981 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- program application form,
- statement of purpose (1-2 pages),
- two letters of recommendation, and
- unofficial transcripts
International16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 12 months.
National16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8216 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.