At Communicative Disorders from California State University Los Angeles, the requirements were designed to also meet the requirements of the Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential issued by the State of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, licensure in Speech-Language Pathology issued by the State of California Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Licensing Board, and the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) issued by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
Students at Communicative Disorders from California State University Los Angeles will:
- develop acceptable communication skills;
- develop the capacity to accept instruction, willingness and ability to assume professional responsibility for the welfare of clients;
- develop the ability to relate well to clients, peers, and faculty.
- Fluency Disorders
- Language Disorders in Children
- Voice Disorders
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Neurolinguistic Disorders in Adults
- Motor Speech Disorders
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Supplemental CSDCAS application is required.
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Special Education View 274 other Masters in Communication Studies in United States
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in communicative disorders or equivalent;
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 semester units and in all courses in Communicative Disorders;
- Recent GRE General Test scores in all three subtests (Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Analytical Writing) ;
- Completion of the departmental application form;
- Letter of professional goals and intent, and
- Three letters of recommendation.
- An interview may also be required.
International16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 12 months.
National16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8216 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.