At Television, Film and Media Studies from California State University Los Angeles, courses explore the history, cultural politics, financial structure, aesthetics, and societal impact of film, television and ‘new media’ (internet, digital media, social media, etc.).
This program is also designed to enable students to acquire an understanding of research methods and theories that explore industry structure and audience reception, as well as visual and structural examinations of media texts. The program requires that students select and develop an area of specialization.
Students at Television, Film and Media Studies from California State University Los Angeles will:
- have the opportunity to choose elective courses, with advisor approval, from other related programs, including the MFA in Television, Film and Theatre, and the Communication Studies MA program.
- be enabled to pursue intellectual inquiries that interest them while gaining a broader understanding of Television, Film, and Media Studies.
- Research Methods in Telecommunications and Film
- Media Theory and Criticism
- Television Studies
- Post World War II Film and Television History
- Cultural Studies
- Narrative Studies in Film and Television
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Film, Photography & Media Art History View 338 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Students must have a 3.00 grade point average.
- Official transcripts of all previous college work, a copy of their TOEFL score if applicable, a writing sample, a statement of purpose, and a minimum of two letters of recommendation by persons qualified to assess the applicant’s academic work.
- Students whose undergraduate major was not Television, Film and Media Studies or some variant thereof, may be admitted to the degree program in conditionally classified standing.
- Conditionally classified students must achieve a minimum B grade in every course of a conditional study plan of up to 15 semester units of undergraduate work in Television, Film and Media Studies.
International16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 12 months.
National16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8216 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.