Now part of the City University of New York (The City University of New York), Queens College offers a rigorous education in the liberal arts and sciences under the guidance of a faculty dedicated to both teaching and research. English Students graduate with the ability to think critically, address complex problems, explore various cultures, and use modern technologies and information resources.
Located in a residential area of Flushing in the borough of Queens—America’s most ethnically diverse county—the college has students from more than 150 nations. A member of Phi Beta Kappa, Queens College is consistently ranked among the leading institutions in the nation for the quality of its academic programs and student achievement. Recognized as one of the most affordable public colleges in the country, Queens College offers a first-rate education to talented people of all backgrounds and financial means.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Together, they will plan an appropriate program of graduate courses.
- This approved program is to be filed with the department during the first semester of attendance.
- The student may not depart from this approved program without permission of the advisor.
- Each academic area has its own course requirements. In general, students take about half of their program in the appropriate academic departments and half in education.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation View 3543 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The Master of Science in Education (MSED) Program is for students who already hold an initial certificate in a teaching discipline and who wish to pursue advanced studies in education.
Three letters recommendation are required. At least two must be academic references (such as former course instructors/professors).
The 500 word essay should address the following:
- Why you want to be a secondary English Language Arts teacher in an urban context.
- Why the Queens College program you are applying to will be a good fit.
- Describe any prior teaching and/or tutoring experience you have had
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.