Our MSEd in English (7-12) programs at The City University of New York is for students who already hold an initial certificate in a teaching discipline and who wish to pursue advanced studies in education. Graduates from this program gain advanced certification and a MSED degree.
This approved program is to be filed with the department during the first semester of attendance. The student may not depart from this approved program without permission of the advisor. Each academic area has its own course requirements. In general, students take about half of their program in the appropriate academic departments and half in education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Upon acceptance, students complete 3 semesters of intensive work. In the first semester, students take the first 2 courses in the professional sequence along with their remaining co-major courses.
- The next semester, students take upper level curricular courses as well as a practicum in which students work in a local school over a period of several weeks. In the final semester, students complete a six-credit practicum in student teaching accompanied by a senior seminar that links theory and practice.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Fall Priority Deadline: April 1
DisciplinesEducation Languages Teaching View 1460 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Master of Science in Education (MSED) Program is for students who already hold an initial certificate in a teaching discipline and who wish to pursue advanced studies in education. Graduates from this program gain an advanced certification and a MSED degree.
- Three letters recommendation are required. At least two must be academic references (such as former course instructors/professors).
- The 500 word essay should address the following:
- a. Why you want to be a secondary English Language Arts teacher in an urban context.
- b. Why the Queens College program you are applying to will be a good fit.
- c. Describe any prior teaching and/or tutoring experience you have had.
- Results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General Test are required.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.