At Biology from California State University Los Angeles, graduates may focus their studies in any of the following areas: animal biology, applied microbiology, biotechnology, cell biology, developmental biology, ecology, environmental biology, environmental microbiology, evolution, genetics, immunology, marine biology, molecular phylogenetics, mycology, neurobiology, physiological ecology, plant biology, population genetics, virology, or zoology.
Students at Biology from California State University Los Angeles will:
- present their thesis research in a public seminar immediately followed by an oral defense administered by the thesis committee;
- benefit from a wide range of areas to study.
- Cellular Basis of Life
- Diversity of Life
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Applied Calculus
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Genetics View 591 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- completed departmental application, statement of purpose, together with transcripts of all previous college work;
- general Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores (no minimum score requirement), and three letters of recommendation;
- a baccalaureate in a biological science, such as biochemistry, biology, medical technology, or microbiology, equivalent to the Bachelor of Science degree offered at Cal State L. A;
- Classified standing is granted to those accepted applicants who have a minimum 2.75 grade point average in their last 60 semester units attempted.
International16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 12 months.
National16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8216 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.