Whether you decide to study online through our new distance learning program or attend classes on campus—surrounded by the world-renowned teaching hospitals and research facilities along Longwood Avenue in Boston—our program is designed to extend beyond acute care issues to promote community health. Students learn the practical aspects of working in the field of nutritional wellness.
Our students come from backgrounds in nutrition, biology, health sciences, health education, athletic training, exercise physiology, and physical education. Upon graduation, they are prepared for a wide range of careers in areas such as research, community nutrition, and private practice.
- According to the World Health Organization, health promotion enables people to increase control over their own health. It covers a wide range of social and environmental interventions that are designed to benefit and promote wellness by addressing and preventing the root causes of poor health, rather than focusing on treatment and cure alone. Armed with a Master's degree, graduates of Simmons' College Master's in Nutrition and Health Promotion program provide services to facilitate and maintain the health of individuals and communities.
- Students in the Master's in Nutrition and Health Promotion program learn the fundamentals of wellness and health promotion, including how to critically review scientific evidence. Students customize their plan of study by choosing one of two tracks or concentrations: the Research track or the Entrepreneurship track.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Nutrition Practice: Program Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation
- Advanced Topics in Preventive Nutrition
- Nutrition, Fitness, and Wellness
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Exercise Assessment and Prescription
- Nutrition Proposal Developmen
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 243 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- Submit an electronic application (see below) with an application fee (unless eligible for a fee waiver) and all attachments (essay, resume, GPA calculations). Be sure to include the names and emails of your references so that an invitation can be sent to each person to submit an electronic recommendation and rating form.
- Request that all official transcripts for all courses taken are sent to the SNHS Office of Admission.
- Request ETS (Educational Testing Service) to send official TOEFL scores
International1280 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1280 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1280 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1280 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State1280 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1280 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.