A Seamless Integration Of Multiple Disciplines
There is a need for interdisciplinary professionals and researchers who understand the principles of human, veterinary and environmental health risks and the interrelations.
When you are motivated to become a researcher at the interface between humans, animals and the environment, the One Health programme at Utrecht University should be a perfect fit. You get to integrate concepts from human and veterinary epidemiology, ecology and population dynamics, microbiology and toxicology.
Why One Health At Utrecht University
- This is the first European Master’s programme in One Health with a clear focus on research.
- A chance to collaborate with partners in innovative research projects, allowing you to do your internship at prestigious partner institutions and carry out two hands-on research projects at renowned research groups.
- As a graduate you can develop an academic career at different universities, work at research institutes or pursue a career in a private or public direction, including consultancy.
- It combines the knowledge and expertise of leading academic faculties within Life Sciences such as Veterinary Medicine (#9 on QS Subject Ranking) and Medicine (Top 100 on QS Subject Ranking).
After completing the Master’s programme One Health, you will have a strong research background and a broad basic knowledge in the field of One Health, including zoonotic diseases, epidemiology, risk analysis and risk prevention. You will be prepared for a career in academia (PhD) or in a more applied setting, including communication, education and consultancy.
Depending on your background, personal skills, interests and future career plans, you can design your own path within One Health research. The Programme Coordinator can help you how to prepare best for your specific career path.
Careers prospects are broad and can vary from scientific research, science journalism and education to jobs in the private, public, or non-profit sector.
Accredited by the NVAO - Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basic Principles of Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Infection and Immunity
- Environmental Health
- Infectious Diseases and One Health
- Interdisciplinary Research in One Health
- One Health
- Mathematical Modelling of Infectious Diseases
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Environmental Sciences View 42 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree. Bachelor’s programmes that most likely meet the requirements are: Biomedical or other Life Sciences programmes, Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medical Biology, Medicine, Veterinary Sciences and/or Animal Sciences.
- Relevant knowledge, insight and skills.
- Academic performance: high overall score (GPA, average grade, grading tables), and high grades for relevant courses.
- High level of academic competences.
- Personal competences.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20715 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20715 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.