the program will qualify you to serve as one of the following in Kentucky:
- Developmental Interventionist (DI) with First Steps, Kentucky’s early intervention system for infants and toddlers with disabilities/delays
- Preschool teacher in the public school system
- Kindergarten teacher in the public school system
Once a candidate is admitted to the MAT program, he/she must begin taking classes within 90-days and are immediately eligible to be employed as a highly qualified teacher with temporary provisional certification. At time of admission to the program, candidates will be eligible to be employed with temporary provisional certification. In order to begin the KTIP year, candidates must pass the IECE PRAXIS. Candidates must complete the IECE certification program and KTIP within three years of initial hire with temporary provisional certification. If candidates fail to complete the program and KTIP, they will no longer be highly qualified for IECE.
- Administration in Early Childhood Programs
- Families and Young Children
- Advanced Early Childhood Assessment
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Guidance for Young Children
- Infant and Toddler Curriculum
- Early Intervention
- Early Childhood Curriculum Planning
- Practicum I
- Seminar: Early Childhood Education
- Seminar: Infant and Toddler
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation View 3686 other Masters in Education in United States
- Program admission requirements are based on state requirements for entrance to a teacher education/alternative track programs, as well as common elements for MSU teacher education programs. Applicants must meet the following admission criteria. (Students cannot be conditionally admitted to this program or admitted as unclassified.)
- Official transcript from an accredited institution verifying a baccalaureate degree with a GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale; or a GPA of 3.0 on a four point scale on the last 30-hours of coursework taken at either the graduate or undergraduate level.
- Completion of and successful evaluation by program faculty of an admission interview
International570 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 570 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National570 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 570 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State570 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 570 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
At MSU we offer a variety of institutional, foundation-funded, and departmental scholarships. Our merit-based institutional scholarship program encourages some of the best and brightest students to become Eagles. Students are automatically considered for institutional scholarships based on their admissions application. Our MSU Foundation awards nearly 600 annual student scholarships, valued at approximately $800,000. These are made possible through generous donations of MSU donors and alumni. Students can apply for MSU Foundation scholarships by using the online scholarship application
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.