Truman State University’s English M.A. program offers students the opportunity to:
- explore literature, literary studies, composition theory, pedagogy, creative writing, and linguistics
- engage with interdisciplinary fields such as disability studies, child studies, women’s and gender studies, cognitive science, and the digital humanities
- earn badges in areas of particular professional expertise
- delve more deeply into the study of a particular literary genre, time period, or cultural context
Working closely with your faculty advisor, you can personalize a course of study to suit your interests and professional goals and choose which culminating project best matches your aspirations:
- a thesis that displays the close reading, analytical skills, and research tools you have acquired
- a portfolio that showcases the breadth and variety of the creative and analytical work you have produced in the program
- a creative project (a novel, memoir, collection of short stories, a cycle of poems, or other creative work) that has benefitted from the intensive feedback, revision, and reflection on the artistic process
- Advanced Nonfiction Projects
- Gender Studies
- Advanced Creative Writing
- Theory and Practice of Teaching Literature
- Theory and Practice of Teaching Writing
- Topics in British and Commonwealth Literature
- Topics in American Literature
- Studies in Literary Genres
- Topics in World Literature
- Studies in Literary Criticism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Linguistics View 614 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application and $40 fee
- Professional statement (uploaded in online application)
- Three letters of recommendation (submit recommender’s information in online application)
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities from which you earned college credit, including high school dual credit (Truman applicants do not need to submit Truman transcripts).
- Graduate Administrative Assistantships (GAA) and Graduate Teaching Research Assistant (GTRA) materials
International17579 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17579 USD per year during 12 months.
National17579 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17579 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10151 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10151 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kirksville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.