Through broad-based professional preparation combined with close collaboration with professors and progressive clinical experiences, you’ll graduate from the Athletic Training program at Truman State University with the knowledge, skills, and experience to take the national Board of Certification (BOC) exam to become a certified athletic trainer.
- Small, personal classes
- Tremendous value — high quality at low cost
- Strong connection and collaboration with physicians and health care professionals
- Individualized attention
- Clinical experiences enhance every phase of your learning
- Specialized coursework covers Athletic Training, Exercise Science, and Clinical Practice
- Greater than 90% first-time BOC pass rate
- 100% job placement
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Bracing, Wrapping, and Taping Techniques
- Emergency Care Procedures
- Principles of Performance Enhancement
- Advanced Topics in Athletic Training
- Evidence-Based Research in Athletic Training
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications for acceptance into the Master of Athletic Training program may be accepted beginning August 1 for rolling admission.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 2173 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Truman State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Personal Statement
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts
- Signed Observation Form (40 hours under direct supervision of certified athletic trainer)
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification
International14400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7200 USD per semester during 24 months.
National14400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7200 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Kirksville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.