An integral part of our college and the Virginia Tech Graduate School, the Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences program is designed to prepare students to be scholars and researchers who will benefit animal and human health by advancing veterinary, public health, and biomedical knowledge.
About the program
Virginia Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine programs of study - courses, laboratory and field research, clinical experience, and teaching opportunities - are flexible and tailored to meet individual students' needs, depending on academic background, professional experience, and career goals. The college prides itself on the high quality of student mentoring, advising, and support services.
- Avian Medicine
- Environmental Medicine
- Large and Small Animal Clinical Sciences Specialties
- Medical Informatics
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Public Health
- Regenerative Medicine/stem Cell Physiology
- Translational Medicine
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Veterinary Medicine Health Sciences View 51 other Masters in Veterinary Medicine in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Virginia Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Before you can be considered for freshman admission, you must complete:
- 3 units of math (includes algebra I, geometry, and algebra II)
- 2 units of laboratory science (chosen from biology, chemistry or physics)
- additional academic units (foreign language is highly recommended)
- International Education Systems and Curriculums
- English Language Requirements: International students whose native language is not English must document proficiency in the English language by submitting either an IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE.
- SAT Optional: Virginia Tech does not require the SAT for international applicants.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Credit
International524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 262 USD per semester during 12 months.
National524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 262 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Blacksburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.