Over a two-year period, the Executive MBA combines short intensive bursts of classroom interaction with online support.
Successful businesses in the future will be those that can confidently and capably steer a path through a world characterised by intense competition, rapid technological development, economic turbulence and increasing resource insecurity.
Businesses need leaders who can think and act strategically in this volatile environment, managing the risk and challenges involved, but also spotting and seizing opportunities for efficiency, innovation and new business models. Businesses also need leaders who will act responsibly in delivering value to all stakeholders.
What will I learn?
The Executive Master of Business Administration programme at The University of Edinburgh will prepare you to progress with confidence into leadership roles in this new world.
On the programme we will deepen your understanding of:
- how businesses and markets work
- how value is created through innovation and marketing
- how strategies are crafted
- how businesses are financed
- how performance is measured
- how value is delivered efficiently and effectively
- how organisations should be governed, managed and led through change
We will develop your ability to think strategically and beyond disciplinary silos. Successful leadership also requires accomplished interpersonal skills to bring about change in organisations. Through coaching and skills training, we will work with participants to understand their leadership strengths and weaknesses and provide support for improvement.
The employment market is highly competitive but the Edinburgh MBA is distinctive and will provide participants with a competitive edge.
MBA participants will also engage in a Leadership and Professional Development programme that includes personal diagnostics, career planning and skills enhancement designed explicitly to support participants in their pursuit of promotion or new careers.
- The programme is delivered in a modular format. The main taught part of the programme is delivered over 21 months, followed by completion of a Capstone Project. Participants will complete the full programme within 27 months.
- The design of the modules reflects consideration given to the balance between participant and employer investment and maintaining work-life balance.
- Most of the core courses will run over three months, with one day per course on each of three weekends (with the exception of Strategic Leadership which will be taught in a series of three blocks across both years). Option courses will be delivered in the middle of Year 2 and will be taught in intensive one-week blocks. Between modules, participants will work on assignments and undertake further reading and study, supported by online resources and discussion forums.
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We encourage you to apply at least one month prior to entry so that we have enough time to process your application.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Executive MBA Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 353 other Masters in Master in Business Administration (MBA) in United Kingdom
UK 2:1 honours degree from a good university in any subject, or an equivalent overseas qualification.
If you do not meet the minimum academic requirement, you may still be considered if:
- you have professional qualifications with substantial work experience; or
- you do not hold a degree or professional qualifications but you have a very strong employment record demonstrating a high degree of responsibility.
If you do not meet the minimum academic requirement, we may require you to complete the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) which is an internationally-recognised assessment of analytical, numerical and verbal reasoning. If we require you to take GMAT, we would expect a score of 600 to qualify for our MBA.We will accept results from the GMAT Online exam.
Normally five years' substantive work experience in a managerial or supervisory position. Experience can be from any industry, including the public sector, charitable organisations or the arts.
International15675 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15675 GBP per year during 27 months.
National15675 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15675 GBP per year during 27 months.
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.