Courses in the Public Administration MPA program offered at California State University, Fresno focus on the development of critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as an appreciation for ethical decision making.
Courses offered by the Department of Political Science are intended to help all students become more effective participants in a democratic society, both as makers of public policy and as individuals affected by those policies. Students study voting, elections, the structures of government institutions, and how governments around the world differ and interact. They also explore local, national, and global issues. We prepare our majors for a wide variety of careers in government, education, business, journalism, the nonprofit sector, and international affairs, as well as law school and graduate school.
- Students may elect to concentrate within political science on American government and politics, international politics, legal studies, or public policy.
- Detailed course and career information on each of these optional tracks is available.
- For those who achieve a high measure of proficiency in their undergraduate program, the department offers advanced work leading to the master’s degree in public administration.
- Administration and Society
- Quantitative Applications for Public Administration
- Organizational Theory in Public Administration
- State and Local Government
- Public Budgeting
- Public Policy Administration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Law Public Policy View 690 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- Submit a Cal State Apply online and pay $55 USD (non-refundable) by credit card
- English language proficiency
- Original or certified copies of all university transcripts with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit
- Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*) - if applicable
- Additional Documentation (if required by the department)
International15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15147 USD per year during 12 months.
National15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15147 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5075 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5075 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for California
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.