This program includes a wide variety of topics, including perception, learning, memory, thinking, emotion, personality, social interaction, development, and abnormal behavior.
Psychologists recognize that understanding behavior in all its complexity requires studying it from multiple perspectives. A thorough understanding of memory, for example, requires knowledge ranging from the neural structures and processes that underlie it to the social and cultural forces that influence it.
Students majoring in psychology take core courses in general psychology, statistics, and research methodology, along with additional courses in each of the primary areas of the discipline. There are also numerous opportunities for students to supplement their coursework with hands-on experience in faculty research labs and in the field under faculty supervision. Advanced and well-qualified students can participate in our senior honors program. These students design, conduct, and present an original research project as a senior thesis.
The Master of Arts degree program in Psychology at California State University, Fresno may be arranged to include interest areas such as general experimental, developmental, and social psychology, as well as special master of arts programs for individuals. This 30-unit degree program is intended primarily to prepare graduates for entry into doctoral programs in general experimental, developmental, social, or clinical psychology, and may serve as preparation for community college teaching or professional employment requiring a master's degree.
- Psychology majors learn to think critically, write and speak clearly, identify and solve problems, and work effectively both individually and in groups.
- As a result, the study of psychology provides excellent preparation for graduate study and careers in a variety of fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Psychology
- Biological Psychology
- Topics in Research Design and Statistics
- Introductory Statistics
- Psychology as a Behavioral Science
- Personal Adjustment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 904 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit a Cal State Apply online and pay $55 USD (non-refundable) by credit card
- English language proficiency
- Original or certified copies of all university transcripts with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit
- Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*) - if applicable
- Additional Documentation (if required by the department)
International15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15147 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for California
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.