Each graduate of the master's in nursing program must demonstrate advanced knowledge and skill in physical diagnosis, psychological assessment, and management of health-illness needs in complex client and community systems. The program in Nursing - Nurse Practitioner provides a foundation for doctoral study in nursing.
At California State University, Fresno, the mission of the School of Nursing is to offer quality nursing education to undergraduate and graduate nursing students. This education prepares nurses with clinical decision-making skills based on evidence-based practice (EBP). Additionally, the School seeks to establish an academic foundation for Advanced Practice Nursing and Doctoral preparation. As life-long learners, graduates are prepared to deliver holistic health care to diverse populations across health care settings.
The scope of nursing practice is changing significantly. The professional nurse uses theory and research-based knowledge to provide direct and indirect care to individuals, families, groups, and communities.
In the role as designer, manager, and coordinator of care, nurses collaborate with patients and interdisciplinary care teams.
- The diverse facilities of the community provide a wide variety of learning opportunities for individualized pursuit of student goals.
- Graduate and postbaccalaureate students have clinical placements, which are consistent with their career goals.
- Preceptor selection for clinical placement in the Nurse Practitioner/Primary Care/Family program is the responsibility of the School of Nursing.
- The school will gather pertinent information to assist in preceptor identification during the first semester of the program. All preceptors must meet standards for educational and clinical experience as established by the California Board of Registered Nursing and appropriate accrediting bodies. Preceptors must be either a physician or a master's prepared nurse practitioner.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Beginning Topics in Nursing
- Basic Concepts and Care of Elderly Clients
- Basic Skills in Nursing
- Practicum: Fundamental Concepts of Nursing Care
- Cooperative Education in Nursing
- Transitional Concepts in Nursing Care
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 769 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Submit a Cal State Apply online and pay $55 USD (non-refundable) by credit card
- English language proficiency
- Original or certified copies of all university transcripts with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit
- Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*) - if applicable
- Additional Documentation (if required by the department)
International15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.