All applicants to the M.A. Music program at California State University, Fresno, must submit academic transcripts and perform an audition or interview with the appropriate faculty members. A cumulative gpa of 3.0 is required. Applicants with 2.75-2.99 may be considered, however, for these applicants the GRE General Test is required. All applicants must also submit a personal statement, writing sample, and have three letters of recommendation sent directly to the Department of Music Graduate Program Coordinator.
- The Fresno State Music Department hosts events for performing groups within the department in the Concert Hall and Wahlberg Recital Hall. These facilities are available to the community when not being used by Fresno State.
- To rent these facilities please begin by checking the facilities calendar for availability. Reference the pricing page for rates to rent each facility. If you would like to begin the rental process check the facility rental page for required documents.
- While many graduates have made successful careers as professional music performers or composers, the majority have pursued careers as music teachers in elementary and secondary schools. Those who complete master's degrees have either advanced in public school careers or have gone on to further study and careers as teachers in higher education.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Music Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 1074 other Masters in Music in United States
- Submit a Cal State Apply online and pay $55 USD (non-refundable) by credit card
- English language proficiency
- Original or certified copies of all university transcripts with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit
- Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*) - if applicable
- Additional Documentation (if required by the department)
International15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.