You’ll also study current trends in arts education and advanced choral and theatre techniques.
- This degree is designed for individuals who possess undergraduate degrees (or equivalent experience/training) in music, theatre or dance, and who desire to teach in public schools.
- The Performing Arts degree at College of Charleston consists of a concentration in choral music (leading to South Carolina certification/licensure in general and choral music education for grades P-12) and a concentration in theatre (leading to certification/licensure in P-12 theatre).
- A concentration in dance (leading to certification/licensure in P-12 dance) will be offered in the future.
- Educational Research
- Classroom and Behavior Management
- Arts and Technology
- Teaching Content Area and Disciplinary Literacies
- Clinical Practice in Music Education, Theatre, or Dance Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Liberal Arts View 837 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at College of Charleston and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- a fully completed application form with a nonrefundable application fee of $50.
- an official college transcript from an accredited institution documenting the completion of a BS or BA with a concentration in the arts and the successful completion of human growth and development and arranging courses.
- an essay describing the applicant’s suitability for and desire to pursue the M.A.T. program and a career in education.
- an audition/interview demonstrating the applicant’s performing and/or teaching ability in his/her chosen discipline.
- a 2.75 overall undergraduate GPA, and a 3.0 undergraduate GPA in the last 60 hours of coursework (demonstrating academic proficiency).
- a statement of disclosure concerning all prior convictions including felonies and misdemeanors.
- an official copy of test scores of the GRE, which include the verbal, analytical and writing assessments.
International18688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18688 USD per year during 24 months.
National18688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18688 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State6888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6888 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Charleston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.