Professionals in these fields are devoted to providing diagnostic, rehabilitative, and educational services to children and adults with communicative challenges.
Education beyond the bachelor's degree is necessary for completion of the academic, credential, and licensure requirements leading to professional employment. Two professional option areas are available to the student:
The Communicative Disorders - Deaf Education program gives you a broad background in bilingual-bicultural education, total communication, and cued speech philosophies along with speech, language, auditory training, deaf culture, and American Sign Language. This program at California State University, Fresno, includes all of the essential elements of a good education for deaf and hard-of-hearing children.
- As a student, you are given the opportunity to work in a well-equipped speech and hearing clinic.
- You can also gain practical experience in a variety of school, private practice, and hospital settings. Library facilities contain specialized collections including student access to local medical libraries.
- In the Anna Michelson Memorial Instructional Media Center, you have access to a wide range of therapy production materials such as films, video, clinical equipment, and professional journals.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Human Communication and Disorders
- Deaf American Literature
- American Sign Language
- Introduction to Speech and Language Development
- Linguistics of American Sign Language
- Introduction to Hard of Hearing and Deaf People
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 491 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Submit a Cal State Apply online and pay $55 USD (non-refundable) by credit card
- English language proficiency
- Original or certified copies of all university transcripts with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit
- Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*) - if applicable
- Additional Documentation (if required by the department)
International15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.