The entire field of Outdoor Education - Adventure Based Leadership and outdoor recreation has grown very rapidly. People are interested in the environment, history of our natural wonders, participating in new physical endeavors and just plain enjoying the great out-of-doors. With this interest comes the need for training, facilitating, organizing and planning trips as well as developing a curriculum and monitoring the actual events. Students prepare for leading such activities with a focus on environmental awareness, team building, social connections and personal growth.
In cooperation with the Recreation, Tourism and Therapeutic the Recreation (RTTR) Department at Winona State University, their graduate certificate in Outdoor Education/Adventure Based Leadership can be combined with the five core courses in Leadership Education for the Master’s Degree. Graduates work in K-12 schools supporting student learning and health and the rapidly growing fields of adventure tourism and team building in organizations.
The Outdoor Education/Adventure Based Leadership program consists of 33 credits in a combination of core Leadership Education courses and courses specific to the Outdoor Education/Adventure Based Leadership emphasis. A capstone writing project and a comprehensive examination are also required for a Master’s in Leadership Education.
- Systems Thinking
- Common Good
- Change Leadership
- Leadership In the Natural Environment
- Research Methods
- Administrative Problems in Recreation, Tourism and Therapeutic Recreation
- Current Literature and Research in Recreation, Tourism and Therapeutic Recreation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Tourism & Leisure View 82 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in United States
- Complete the online Application for Admission to School of Graduate Studies. A one-time nonrefundable graduate study application fee of $20 is required.
- Request one official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate college or university attended. All transcripts must be submitted directly by each institution to the School of Graduate Studies Office.
- Transcripts must show that the Bachelor’s or Master’s degree was received from an institution accredited by an appropriate national accrediting body, a regional accrediting agency or by the reporting state agency of the state in which the college or university is located.
International19380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 646 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 646 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 428 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Winona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.