The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Winona State University prepares students for careers as professional counselors in public and private community counseling settings that include:
- community mental health agencies
- social services agencies
- residential care facilities
Students that successfully complete the clinical mental health counseling coursework are eligible for licensure as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) in Minnesota and Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Wisconsin.
Note: The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program is currently accredited under the 2001 standards for Community Counseling programs as a Community Counseling program. The CACREP 2009 standards combine the Community Counseling and Mental Health Counseling standards into standards for Clinical Mental Health Counseling programs. The counseling program intends to seek accreditation for this program as a Clinical Mental Health Counseling program when it comes up for reaccreditation, per CACREP guidelines.
- Multiculturalism and Diversity
- Foundations of Counseling
- Development over the Lifespan
- Group Theory and Practice
- Tests & Measurements
- Research Design
- Family Systems Counseling
- Career Development & Appraisal
- Ethical Practice and Social Change
- Orientation to Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Diagnosis and Psychopathology of Adults
- Diagnosis and Psychopathology of Children and Adolescents
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling Clinical Psychology View 307 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
- Two Professional Reference Forms: Two Reference Forms are to be completed and returned to the Counselor Education Department by people who know the applicant professionally and/or personally, but are not part of the applicant’s family (reference forms are included in this document).
- Personal Statement: All program applicants are required to write a personal statement explaining the basis
- Statement of Understanding Form
International19380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 646 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 646 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 428 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Winona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.