This Master in Fashion Management - IED Barcelona at Istituto Europeo Di Design (IED) provides the theoretical and practical know-how to overcome today’s fashion market challenges and efficiently manage the full cycle – from the product’s conceptualisation all the way to the shelf and into the customer’s shopping bag. As well as talks, conferences and workshops, the course includes two trips to cities around Europe such as Florence or Paris, ending with a final personal research project.
Fashion is a complex system and clothing is just a part of it. In this context, the role of a fashion manager is to identify the target’s needs and turn them into opportunities bearing in mind production, distribution, branding, marketing, communication and service.
- Overcome disciplinary boundaries in order to grow into key drivers of organizational success.
- Develop students’ understanding of the complete ecosystem behind fashion business, to make them capable to face the actual fashion market challenges, adding value to their previously acquired professional knowledge and skills.
- Develop into leaders capable of combining creativity, managerial skills and entrepreneurial mindsets within the constraints of Fashion Business realities.
- Make future Fashion managers understand the power of developing strategies, creating brands, and delivering products and services successfully centred in the consumer.
- Provide students with Fashion and Business Management tools.
- Develop proficiency in using the tools provided. Expand the students’ roles and capabilities in working with innovation teams.
- Encourage critical thinking.
Students who take this Master will add value to their professional experience integrating multidisciplinary teams or independently innovative undertaking their own business; they can develop their career in the areas of project management and strategy in companies related to the fashion area and retail.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fashion Expertise
- Professional Skills
The master recognizes and welcomes students from a range of backgrounds: graduates in disciplines of business areas, commercial, marketing and communication, fashion design and mass distribution; or professionals in the field of business management, the retail or fashion industry in general.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Fashion Design View 6 other Masters in Fashion Design in Spain
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ID (Spanish students) or Passport (international students) scanned
- University Diploma (Bachelor, Undergraduate Degree or equivalent) scanned
- Motivation Letter in the Postgraduate’s language
- CV in the Postgraduate’s language specifying languages level and computer skills
- Advanced knowledge of Spanish or English as appropriate. For courses taught in English requires an intermediate level, corresponding to a paper TOEFL 550 or IELTS 6,5. For courses in Spanish requires a level B2. In case you don’t have any qualification, it will be necessary to assess your level through an in-person or Skype interview
- Portfolio for creative Postgraduates
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24500 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 EUR for the full programme during 11 months.
EU/EEA24500 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 EUR for the full programme during 11 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.