A special focus is put on the organization of events, as at the end of each module students have to design and manage an event related to art and culture. The Master course builds a central figure for the life of cultural institutions who deals with art project management. This professional is capable of identifying innovative content, structuring a comprehensive event schedule, planning and developing fundraising events and resource management.
Interdisciplinarity and innovation are the two keywords that characterise the whole pathway, since students get also prepared to face the new scenario of digital professions.
Partner institutions: Fondazione Palazzo Strozzi, Peggy Guggenheim Collection, MUS.E, Fondazione Romaeuropa.
The Master course in Arts Management - IED Florence at Istituto Europeo Di Design (IED) course is aimed at graduates in humanities, art, economics, as well as graduates in creative disciplines from design schools, or professionals with at least two years of experience.
The mix of subjects faced during this rich and intense year aims at building professionals who can easily deal with: contemporary artistic scenarios for identifying significant art and culture concepts and enhancing the visibility of the cultural offer; business models for developing actions plans that keep into consideration all the risks and opportunities of a cultural project; new communication technologies and tools for exploiting the potential of culture as economic asset.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History Of Visual Arts - Florence
- Museum Management - Florence
- Museography - Florence
- Focus On Contemporary Rome And Performing Arts History - Rome
- Lateral Thinking Lab - Rome
- Peggy Guggenheim Experience In Venice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Art History Liberal Arts View 15 other Masters in Art History in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be proficient in the language of the chosen course (Italian/English) and comply with the language requirement listed in the relevant section below;
- Hold a Bachelor Degree or other qualification – also issued abroad or by a private higher education institution – deemed suitable*. IED will also assess applications submitted by candidates proving at least
- 2-year relevant work experience in a related professional field.
- Hold the specific program requirements listed in the relevant Master brochure and webpage of the selected programme;
- Comply with the admission and enrolment procedures;
- In case of graduating students, such applicants may be conditionally admitted provided that they obtain the undergraduate degree before the discussion of the Master thesis.
- For students applying for 1st Level Master programmes at IED, it is also necessary not be simultaneously enrolled to any other recognised academic course at any other higher education institution.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20100 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20100 EUR for the full programme during 11 months.
EU/EEA20100 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20100 EUR for the full programme during 11 months.
- Tuition fee - € 17,100
- Enrollment Fee - € 3,000
Living costs for Florence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.