The mission of the City and Regional Planning at Pratt Institute is to provide a professionally- oriented education to a student body with diverse cultural, educational, and professional backgrounds.
Using a multidisciplinary approach, City and Regional Planning teaches participatory practice as the best way to support and advocate for just, equitable communities. Students graduate equipped with the knowledge of theory, technical capacity, collaborative skills, and radical critical thinking abilities necessary to plan for ethical, healthy, resilient and inclusive communities.
Students at City and Regional Planning at Pratt Institute will:
- demonstrate both professional competency in the planning field and the ability to independently pursue original thinking and research.
- demonstrate a foundational understanding of planning theory and values, especially participatory planning, urban conditions and trends, especially in the community planning context; equity and sustainability at multiple scales; and a balance of theory and practice, especially with regard to the use of ideas and information.
- demonstrate technical proficiency consistent with the highest standards of the profession, including quantitative methods, qualitative methods, and written, oral and graphic communication skills.
- demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in planning practice, potentially with a concentration in community development, physical planning, urban sustainability, and historic preservation.
- demonstrate collaborative skills, critical thinking, and an ability to lead in an interdisciplinary environment enabled through service learning opportunities.
- Community Development and Policy
- Physical Planning
- Placemaking and Transportation
- Sustainability and Resilience
- Preservation Planning
- Progressive Real Estate Practice
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Spring deadline is a priority one.
DisciplinesArchitecture Environmental Sciences Urban Planning View 702 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- Transcripts: A scan of your official, course-by-course transcripts should be uploaded when you complete your online application.
- Two letters of recommendation are required from employers, professors, or others able to judge your potential for graduate study in your specific program.
- Statement of Purpose
- Visual Portfolio
- Writing Sample
- English Language Test
International55552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55552 USD per year during 30 months.
National55552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55552 USD per year during 30 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.