About the program
The Master of Science in Nursing at the University of South Carolina Upstate offers three different concentrations:
- Graduates of the masters in nursing education concentration will have the opportunity to serve as academicians to educate current and future nurses.
- Prepared to teach in academic and clinical settings, including staff development.
- All coursework is delivered online with 375 clinical practicum hours completed in your own clinical settings.
- Graduates of the masters of science in nursing leadership degree will be prepared to assume leadership roles in academic and practice settings.
- Preparing budgets, scheduling, developing and implementing policies and procedures, advocating for patients, and serving on interprofessional teams are all encompassed in the nursing leadership role.
- All coursework is delivered online with 187 clinical practicum hours completed in clinical settings.
Clinical Nurse Leader:
- Graduates of the masters of science as a Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) are advanced generalist who oversees the care coordination of a distinct group of patients and actively provides direct patient care in complex situations.
- The CNL evaluates patient outcomes, assesses cohort risk and has the decision-making authority to change care plans when necessary.
- Upon completion of the program, the graduate will be eligible for CNL certification through the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN).
- All coursework is delivered online with 450 practicum hours completed in clinical settings.
- Health Promotion and Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Cultural Perspectives in Health Care
- Advanced Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
- Health Care Delivery Systems
- Role of the Nurse as Leader
- Quality and Risk Management
- Data Analysis
- Evidence Based Practice Project
- Outcomes Evaluation in the Health Care Systems Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
International students: apply at least six months before the semester in which you plan to begin your studies.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Nursing Health Sciences View 896 other Masters in Management Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application, application fee, residency form with all requested information and supporting documents.
- Transcripts: Individuals seeking admission must provide official transcripts showing all post-secondary coursework attempted and the award of the BSN degree by an accredited college or university. Official transcripts verifying all previous college-level course work are required for the University's records.
- Three letters of recommendation are required.
- Current CV or resume.
- Completion of agency requirements needed for clinical practice.
- Personal statement: Applicants are required to submit a 1-2 page personal statement that describes career goals and how this degree will be utilized as a practicing Clinical Nurse Leader, Nurse Educator, or Nursing Leader.
- The GRE is not required.
International13734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6867 USD per semester during 24 months.
National13734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6867 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.