The mission of graduate studies in the History of Art and Design and Fine Arts at Pratt Institute is to provide students with the skills and knowledge to pursue careers as art and design historians and professionals in museums, galleries, and libraries, or to pursue graduate work at the doctorate level.
Through comprehensive study of global art and design within historical and cultural contexts and intensive research and scholarship in specialized areas, students develop a critical understanding of the field as well as research and analytical skills.
Graduates demonstrate excellence in independent and critical thinking and understanding of the historic roles and responsibilities of art and design. Internships at museums, libraries, non-profit art organizations, and galleries provide opportunities for students to work in professional areas of their interests and prepare for future careers.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Film, Design, or Photography
- Non-Western design art and history
- Ancient or Medieval World
- Renaissance or Baroque
- 9th, 20th, or 21st centuries
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 492 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All graduate students must file the application using our online system. There is a non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Transcripts: a scan of your official transcripts should be uploaded when you complete your online application. Request an official copy from your school, either digitally or physically, scan it, and upload it.
- International students must have all transcripts translated into English by a certified translation service.
- Two letters of recommendation from employers, professors, or others able to judge your potential for graduate study in your specific program.
International45888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45888 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National45888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45888 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.