Performance and Performance Studies (P+PS) at Pratt Institute is a small and intensive graduate degree program for students seeking to maximize and individualize their graduate experience and draw on the rich performance and cultural worlds of Brooklyn and greater New York City. Pratt has long been internationally known for studio programs with strong liberal arts components; the Performance and Performance Studies (P+PS) program is designed to enable students to take full advantage of an increasingly vibrant intersection of performance practices and theory.
The program also emphasizes internships, community-based practice and multifaceted support for careers in the performing arts and academia. As a new program, Pratt’s Performance and Performance Studies (P+PS) MFA provides an innovative model for a range of creative thinkers and makers. We encourage interaction between our students and eminent makers in the field through symposia, workshops, and presentations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Performance Studies
- Introduction to Performance Practice
- Workshop W/Visiting Artist-In-Residence -Residence
- Performance Across Cultures
- Critical Writing for Performance and Performance Studies
- Thesis/Project Workshop I
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 270 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All graduate students must file the application using our online system. There is a non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Transcripts: a scan of your official transcripts should be uploaded when you complete your online application. Request an official copy from your school, either digitally or physically, scan it, and upload it.
- International students must have all transcripts translated into English by a certified translation service.
- Two letters of recommendation from employers, professors, or others able to judge your potential for graduate study in your specific program.
International57360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57360 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National57360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57360 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.