At History of Art and Design at Pratt Institute through comprehensive study of global art and design within historical and cultural contexts and intensive research and scholarship in specialized areas, students develop a critical understanding of the field as well as research and analytical skills.
Students at History of Art and Design at Pratt Institute will:
- demonstrate excellence in independent and critical thinking and understanding of the historic roles and responsibilities of art and design.
- work in professional areas of their interests and prepare for future careers.
- Film Criticism
- Issues in Art History
- Women in Photography
- Survey of Design History 1750 to the Present
- History of Illustration
- Issues in Design History
- Concepts of Design
- Aspects of Japanese Design
- Problems in Design History
- History of Interior Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Spring deadline is a priority one.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Art History View 610 other Masters in Design in United States
- Transcripts: A scan of your official, course-by-course transcripts should be uploaded when you complete your online application.
- Two letters of recommendation are required from employers, professors, or others able to judge your potential for graduate study in your specific program.
- Statement of Purpose
- Visual Portfolio
- Writing Sample
- English Language Test
International47616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47616 USD per year during 24 months.
National47616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47616 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.