The researchers in the Physics program at University of California, Merced have access to excellent core facilities on campus, including ultra-fast laser systems, computing clusters, a state-of-the-art electron microscopy facility, a nanofabrication facility and NMR. Other large facilities, such as the synchrotron light sources at Stanford and Berkeley, and the UC Lick Observatory, are a short drive away and are routinely used by our students and faculty members. We also have extensive collaborations with nearby institutions, including Lawrence Livermore and Lawrence Berkeley National Labs, and other UC campuses.
- Teaching and Learning in the Sciences
- Classical Mechanics
- Soft Matter Physics
- Electrodynamics and Optics
- Statistical Mechanics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 1000 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution with a major appropriate to the proposed graduate program. This degree must represent the completion of a program equivalent both in the distribution of academic subject matter and scholarship achievement comparable to that offered at the University of California.
- Have a satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) is required.
- Provide TOEFL or IELTS test scores (international students only).
- Upload a scanned copy of all college level academic work including community college, summer session and study abroad, onto your application.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A statement of purpose is required to help determine whether your academic objectives can reasonably be satisfied in the graduate program to which you seek admission.
International13401 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13401 USD per year during 12 months.
National13401 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13401 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5850 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Merced
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.