The Environmental Systems Graduate Program at University of California, Merced trains students to tackle the most challenging problems facing our planet – water, soil, climate, energy and resources.
Through understanding the Earth as an integrated system of atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere and biosphere that intersects human society, ES students are uniquely poised to address critical research needs of the environment and its sustainability.
Graduates are prepared for careers in academia, research, government, and industry that integrate expertise from across engineering, natural sciences and social sciences.
Our Environmental Systems Graduate Group is unlike any other, but don’t take our word for it. Listen to the students and researchers involved with our program.
- Water, soil, air and climate science and engineering
- Ecology, ecosystems and biodiversity
- Sustainable energy and resource economics
- Natural resource science, policy and management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Sciences View 238 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution with a major appropriate to the proposed graduate program. This degree must represent the completion of a program equivalent both in the distribution of academic subject matter and scholarship achievement comparable to that offered at the University of California.
- Have a satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) is required.
- Provide TOEFL or IELTS test scores (international students only). Please visit our International Application Information page.
- Individual Program Requirements: Please review below any additional requirements imposed by the graduate program you are applying to (GRE test scores, Writing Samples).
International11502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5751 USD per semester during 12 months.
National11502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5751 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Merced
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.