Communications Design M.F.A. program at Pratt Institute prepares individuals to pursue design with passion and cultural relevance. Our distinctive program emphasizes design as a means for communicating meaningful messages, organizing information, creating compelling user experiences, and effecting social change. We believe that the most intriguing and successful designers are cultural innovators who use media to inform, persuade, and entertain.
Students at Communications Design at Pratt Institute will:
- develop voices as authors and entrepreneurs engaged in identifying and solving design problems within cross-disciplinary environments.
- approach design as an agent of change—a strategy for transforming behaviors of individuals in desirable and sustainable ways.
- Visual Language
- Transformation Design
- Origins of Contemporary Communication Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Spring deadline is a priority one.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Communication Studies View 620 other Masters in Design in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Pratt Institute and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Transcripts: A scan of your official, course-by-course transcripts should be uploaded when you complete your online application.
- Two letters of recommendation are required from employers, professors, or others able to judge your potential for graduate study in your specific program.
- Statement of Purpose
- Visual Portfolio
- Writing Sample
- English Language Test
International59520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59520 USD per year during 24 months.
National59520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59520 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.